|STATES IN SESSION
- The legislative bodies of the following jurisdictions are meeting in regular session this week:
Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah (convened January 26), Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming. Kentucky returns from recess February 3.
- Nevada, Oklahoma, and Oregon convene February 2.
STATES OUT OF SESSION (OR SOON TO BE OUT)
- Michigan adjourned the 2013-14 regular session sine die December 30, 2014.
- Massachusetts adjourned its 2013-14 regular session sine die January 6.
- New York adjourned its 2013-14 regular session sine die January 6.
- Illinois adjourned its 2013-14 regular session sine die January 13.
- Virginia adjourned its 2014 special session January 14. Governor Terry McAuliffe (D) has until February 14 to sign or veto legislation that reaches his desk from the special session.
NEXT THREE WEEKS (February 7 - February 28 2015)
- Virginia is scheduled to adjourn sine die February 28.