State Legislative Snapshot
STATES IN SESSION
- The legislative bodies of the following jurisdictions are meeting in regular session this week: District of Columbia, Massachusetts (informal), Michigan, New Jersey, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. Wisconsin is in recess until January 14, 2014.
- Missouri convened a special session December 2 to consider a tax incentive package for Boeing.
- Wisconsin convened a special session December 2 to address the state's health insurance plan.
STATES OUT OF SESSION (OR SOON TO BE OUT)
- The legislative bodies of the following states have completed their 2013 regular sessions: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Virginia, and Wyoming.
- The legislative bodies of the following states have completed their 2013 regular sessions and are in mid-term (2013-14) recess: Alaska, California, Delaware, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Minnesota, Nebraska, New York, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont, and Washington.
- Illinois convened and recessed a special session June 19 to address pension reform. A second special session convened December 3 to finalize consideration.