StateScape offers the following supplemental resources to clients, researchers, and the public at large. Look for the MAP IT icon to see the information displayed as a map where available.
- Legislature Links: Links to state legislature home pages, bill lookup pages, and member lists for each chamber.
- Session Schedules: Gives start and end dates for regular sessions and special sessions. Indicates which states carry over bills from one year to the next.
2015 Printable Sessions Chart 2014 Printable Sessions Chart
- State Legislative Snapshot: A brief look at which state legislative sessions are in and out, as well as other significant events.
- Session Updates: Keep on top of the latest session developments. RSS feed available.
- Legislative Control: Indicates the number of legislators from each party by chamber.
- Crossover Deadlines: Legislative House/Assembly and Senate deadlines.
- Governors: Who are they? How long are their terms?
- Governor Signing Deadlines: How long does a Governor have to sign legislation?
- Legislative Process: How does a bill become a law?
- Budget Timetable: What's the budget schedule in each state?
- Effective Dates: When does newly signed legislation become law?
- Public Policy Meetings: Which state public policy groups are meeting?
- State Newspapers: Links to selected state newspapers.
- Constitutions, Statutes, and Codes: From Cornell Law School-Federal and State.
- State Statutes by Topic: Cornell Law School.
Is there a state-level resource that you find useful but which is not listed here? Contact us so that we can consider adding it to our list. StateScape wants to be the one-stop web-based resource for all of your state government relations needs!