StateScape offers the following supplemental resources to clients, researchers, and the public at large. Look for the MAP IT icon to see the information displayed as a map where available.
- Legislature Links: Links to state legislature home pages, bill lookup pages, and member lists for each chamber.
- Session Schedules: Gives start and end dates for regular sessions and special sessions. Indicates which states carry over bills from one year to the next.
2013 Printable Sessions Chart
- State Legislative Snapshot: A brief look at which state legislative sessions are in and out, as well as other significant events.
- Session Updates: Keep on top of the latest session developments. RSS feed available.
- Legislative Control: Indicates the number of legislators from each party by chamber.
- Crossover Deadlines: Legislative House/Assembly and Senate deadlines.
- Governors: Who are they? How long are their terms?
- Governor Signing Deadlines: How long does a Governor have to sign legislation?
- Legislative Process: How does a bill become a law?
- Budget Timetable: What's the budget schedule in each state?
- Effective Dates: When does newly signed legislation become law?
- Public Policy Meetings: Which state public policy groups are meeting?
- State Newspapers: Links to selected state newspapers.
- Constitutions, Statutes, and Codes: From Cornell Law School-Federal and State.
- State Statutes by Topic: Cornell Law School.
Is there a state-level resource that you find useful but which is not listed here? Contact us so that we can consider adding it to our list. StateScape wants to be the one-stop web-based resource for all of your state government relations needs!